How to Know When You’ve Hit The Low Point
As the semester progresses, you might notice a severe change in attitude, dress code or study habits. Some might even question if they are in the same class they started out in.
Here are a few examples to help you figure out if you’ve hit that low point in the semester yet.
1. You take a dramatic leap of faith with the dress code one day, hoping it will become the new norm.
2. “This is the semester when I study hard and don’t mess around”— says Three-Months-Ago Me. I was so ambitious. Look at that — it’s 11:30 p.m. I guess I better start studying on those three exams I have tomorrow!
3. A mental anchor is keeping you at Week Three, even though finals are around the corner.
4. The person you said you would never talk to is now in your group for the final project.
5. You learn to tune out “loud music headphone guy” (you know who I’m talking about).
6. When the fear of getting called on is the same as a death sentence, you know you should have been paying attention.
7. That person you said “hey” to on the first day of classes still remembers you, but you don’t exactly remember them … at all.
Just remember that we all hit this point in a semester. You’re not alone. But you do need to power through.